Questions RE: Activities

Just curious - how long does it usually take to get notifications if we have been chosen for gigs? Do we get notified even if we weren’t chosen? What exactly should we be looking for?

I’ve been applying to gigs for a couple of years and I have never heard one thing back, either positive or negative. No one from the site or the company involved has contacted me. I’ve been wondering the same thing. Good luck!

That’s too bad. I’ve heard from a few, but I have never needed them like I do now. It’s frustrating too.

I understand, I’m currently trying to find work and not having much luck. Have you heard of the Savvy Cooperative? They post the same type of gigs on their website and are better at getting back to you. Check them out at: https://apply.savvy.coop/register?ref=alanb35fac6ea

Yes, thank you. I’ve been on Savvy and Rare Patient Voice for a while. I have not had much success or regular success on either based on my demographics and diagnoses.

Good luck! I do think it’s getting better but paid patient advocacy is still existing in the same plane as high school. The “cool” kids or patient celebs get picked first even though their message isn’t always the best. It’s a weird world.

1 Like